- To confirm the minutes of the 45th Annual General Meeting of the Epping RSL (Sub-Branch) & Community Club Ltd held on Thursday 21 September 2017 at 7.30pm.
- To receive and consider the Balance Sheet, Income & Expenditure Account, reports of the Directors and the Auditor for the period ending 30 June 2018.
- To consider and if thought fit approve an Ordinary Resolution in accordance with section 10(6)(b) of the Registered Clubs Act.
- To consider and if thought fit approve the Ordinary Resolutions set out in this Notice.
- To consider and if thought fit approve the Special Resolutions set out in this Notice.
- To declare in accordance with the Constitution the result of voting for the positions that have fallen vacant on the Board of Directors according to the triennial rules.
- To transact any other business that may be brought forward in conformity with the constitution.
As a result of changes to the Corporations Act, the requirements for registered Clubs producing financial reports has changed. The Club will still be producing an Annual
Report and this will be displayed on the club’s website and distributed electronically or in hard copy if requested. If you wish to receive this report electronically or in hard
copy, please contact the club.
Note: To ensure accurate information is given, any member with specific enquiries regarding the Financial Report is requested to supply them in writing no later than seven
(7) days prior to the meeting.
Ordinary Resolution 1
1. Under the Registered Clubs Act, any extra benefits or allowances offered to sections of the membership must be approved at a General Meeting of the members.
2. (a) That pursuant to the Registered Clubs Act the members hereby approve and agree to expenditure by the Club in a sum not exceeding $130,000.00 for the
following benefits, professional development and education of Directors until the next Annual General Meeting and being:
I. To partake in a meal (reasonable food and beverage) whilst on duty, together with their spouse or companion when that duty coincides with meal times;
II. Each member of the Board be provided with the necessary tools of trade to professionally facilitate their roles and responsibilities as a Director;
III. To partake in a meal (reasonable food and beverage) after a scheduled Board Meeting;
IV. Provide a uniform for each director consisting of a lounge suit, ties, shirts and jacket
V. Use of the Health Club and its facilities
VI. Selected Directors to attend official Club Industry educational seminars, conferences and exhibitions covering the cost of accommodation, meals, fees and
VII. A dinner before the Annual General Meeting and again at Christmas with spouse or companion;
VIII. Attend Club entertainment events along with their spouse or companion;
IX. Allow the Club President to incur reasonable food and beverage whilst attending to Club responsibilities;
X. Reimbursement of reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred in the course of their duties & tabled at each Board Meeting.
XI. Provide a 20% food discount on personal functions held at the club.
(b) That members approve the designation of nine (9) car spaces in the Club’s car park for the use of the Directors, Sub- Branch Officers and Life Members;
(c) That members approve the Board holding a life members lunch/dinner with spouse or companion annually as well as the provision of a life member’s blazer;
(d) That members approve the Club to sponsor an Anzac Day breakfast for those people who attend the Sub-Branch Memorial Service on that day;
(e) That the details of the cost of these benefits be reported upon at the succeeding Annual General Meeting
Ordinary Resolution 2
1. To consider and if thought fit to approve an honorarium for Directors for the 2018/2019 year as follows:
- President – $12,000 per annum
- Vice Presidents (2) – $10,000 each per annum
- Directors (5) – $9,000 each per annum
2. Honorarium to be payable monthly in arrears. (NB. Under the superannuation guarantee legislation superannuation at 9.5% is payable to all Directors).
That the Constitution of the Club be amended as follows:
(a) inserting at the beginning of Rule 44.1 the words “Subject to Rule 44.2,”
(b) inserting at the end of Rule 44.1 (c) the words “or by sending it by such other electronic means nominated by the member”
(c) inserting the following new Rule 44.2 and renumbering the remaining provisions of Rule 44 accordingly:
“44.2 In accordance with section 249J(3A) of the Act, if the member nominate:
(a) an electronic means (the nominated notification means) by which the member may be notified that notices of meeting are available; and
(b) an electronic means (the nominated access means) the member may use to access notices of meeting; the Club may give the member notice of the
meeting by notifying the member (using the nominated notification means):
(c) that the notice of meeting is available; and
(d) how the member may use the nominated access means to access the notice of meeting”.
These notes are to be read in conjunction with the proposed Ordinary Resolutions:
1. The First Resolution is to approve benefits which have traditionally been provided in the Club but which are not equally available to all members.
2. The Second Resolution is to approve an amount no greater than $130,000 for the expenditure by the Club in relation to duties performed in or about the Club by
directors and expenditure for directors to attend seminars, lectures, trade displays intrastate, interstate or overseas. Events including the Clubs NSW Annual General
Meeting and to visit other clubs to enable the Club’s governing body to be kept abreast of current trends and developments which may have a significant bearing on
the nature and way in which the Club conducts its business. Prior approval is required by members to ensure the club complies with relevant legislation.
3. The payment of honorarium to Directors of licenced clubs was introduced some years ago but to date not invoked by the Club. The duties of the Directors have
become more onerous with the continuing increase in the Clubs performance, financial or otherwise as reflected in the financial accounts and director reports which
accompany this Notice. Honorariums are modest.
To be passed each ordinary resolution must receive votes in its favour from not less than a simple majority of those members who being entitled to do so, vote in
person at the meeting.
The Board recommends the proposed amendments to the Club’s Constitution to bring it into line with the Corporations Act 2001. To be passed the special resolution
must receive votes in its favour of not less than 75% of those members who being entitled to do so, vote in person at the meeting.
Chief Executive Oficer