- To confirm the minutes of the 46th Annual General Meeting of The Epping Club Limited held on Thursday 20 September 2018 at 7.30pm.
- To receive and consider the Balance Sheet, Income & Expenditure Account, reports of the Directors and the Auditor for the period ending 30 June 2019.
- To consider and if thought fit approve an Ordinary Resolution 1(a) – (e) in accordance with section 10(6)(b) of the Registered Clubs Act.
- To consider and if thought fit approve the Ordinary Resolution 2.
- To declare in accordance with the Club’s Constitution the result of voting for the positions that have fallen vacant on the Board of Directors according to the triennial rules.
- To confer, in accordance with the Constitution the granting of life membership to Dr B. Hoschke.
- To transact any other business that may be brought forward in conformity with the Constitution.
As a result of changes to the Corporations Act, the requirements for registered Clubs producing financial reports has changed. The Club will still be producing an Annual Report and this will be displayed on the Club’s website and distributed electronically or in hard copy if requested. If you wish to receive this report electronically or in hard copy, please contact the club.
Note: To ensure accurate information is given, any member with specific enquiries regarding the Financial Report is requested to supply them in writing no later than seven (7) days prior to the meeting.
Ordinary Resolution 1
- Under the Registered Clubs Act, any extra benefits or allowances offered to sections of the membership must be approved at a General Meeting of the members.
(a) That pursuant to the Registered Clubs Act the members hereby approve and agree to expenditure by the Club in a sum not exceeding $130,000.00 for the following benefits, professional development and education of Directors until the next Annual General Meeting and being:
I. To partake in a meal (reasonable food and beverage) whilst on duty, together with their spouse or companion when that duty coincides with meal times;
II. Each member of the Board be provided with the necessary tools of trade to professionally facilitate their roles and responsibilities as a Director;
III. To partake in a meal (reasonable food and beverage) after a scheduled Board Meeting;
IV. Provide a uniform for each director consisting of a lounge suit, ties, shirts and jacket
V. Use of the Health Club and its facilities
VI. Selected Directors to attend official Club Industry educational seminars, conferences and exhibitions covering the cost of accommodation, meals, fees and travel;
VII. A dinner before the Annual General Meeting and again at Christmas with spouse or companion;
VIII. Attend Club entertainment events along with their spouse or companion;
IX. Allow the Club President to incur reasonable food and beverage expenses whilst attending to Club responsibilities;
X. Reimbursement of reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred in the course of their duties & tabled at each Board Meeting.
XI. Provide a 20% food discount on personal functions held at the club.
(b) That members approve the designation of seven (7) car spaces in the Club’s car park for the use of the Directors, Sub- Branch Officers and Life Members;
(c) That members approve the Board holding a Life Members’ lunch/dinner with spouse or companion annually as well as the provision of a Life Member’s blazer;
(d) That members approve the Club to sponsor an Anzac Day breakfast for those people who attend the Sub-Branch Memorial Service on that day;
(e) That the details of the cost of these benefits be reported upon at the succeeding Annual General Meeting
Ordinary Resolution 2
- To consider and if thought fit to approve an honorarium for Directors for the 2019/2020 year as follows:
- President (1) $12,000 per annum
- Vice Presidents (2) $10,000 each per annum
- Directors (4) $9,000 each per annum
- Honorarium to be payable monthly in arrears.
These notes are to be read in conjunction with the proposed Ordinary Resolutions:
- The First Resolution is to approve benefits which have traditionally been provided in the Club but which are not equally available to all members.
(a) To approve an amount no greater than $130,000 for the expenditure by the Club in relation to duties performed in or about the Club by directors and expenditure for directors to attend seminars, lectures, trade displays intrastate, interstate or overseas. Events including the ClubsNSW Annual General Meeting and to visit other clubs to enable the Club’s governing body to be kept abreast of current trends and developments which may have a significant bearing on the nature and way in which the Club conducts its business.
(b) – (e) to approve the expenditure and these benefits
Prior approval is required by members to ensure the Club complies with relevant legislation.
- The Second Resolution is to approve the payment of honorariums.
The payment of honorariums to Directors of licenced clubs was introduced some years ago. Members voted last year to approve Honorariums and we ask that they be approved for this coming year. The duties of the Directors have become more onerous with the continuing increase in the Clubs performance, financial or otherwise as reflected in the financial accounts and director reports which accompany this Notice. Honorariums are modest.
To be passed each ordinary resolution must receive votes in its favour from not less than a simple majority of those members who being entitled to do so, vote in person at the meeting.
Chief Executive Officer